REFUND POLICY (updated 2/14/2021) PIW has a prorated refund policy and believes in the good will generated by such a policy. 1. All refund requests must be made within 30 days of student payment. No refunds will be issued after 30 days following student payment.
2. Refunds are issued on a prorated basis. Each class has a cost of $166 and PIW bills one class per week, beginning on the date of the student’s first payment. As such, refund requests received within 30 days following student payment are subject to the following proration:
- a. 1-7 days = Amount paid minus $166 (1-week prorated classes)
- b. 8-14 days = Amount paid minus $332 (2-weeks prorated classes)
- c. 15-21 days = Amount paid minus $498 (3-weeks prorated classes)
- d. 22-28 days = Amount paid minus $664 (4-weeks prorated classes)
- e. 29-30 days = Amount paid minus $830 (5-weeks prorated classes)
- f. 31+ days = No refund Example: Student pays promotional pay-in-full price of $1,299 on January 1. On January 10 student withdraws and requests a refund. The applicable refund would be $1,299 (amount paid) minus $332 (2 weeks prorated classes) = $997
3. If the school closes, cancels or discontinues a course or program, the school will refund to each currently enrolled student all monies paid by the student for tuition and fees and all monies for which the student is liable for tuition and fees.
4. Students are required to notify firstname.lastname@example.org in writing (including email) in order to withdraw and request a refund. The date of the communication, or the withdrawal date (whichever is later) will be used to calculate any potential refund.
5. In the case of an official leave of absence, if a student fails to return to training by the end of the leave of absence, any refund due a student shall be based on the date of withdrawal or termination.
6. All refunds due will be paid within 30 days of the student’s withdrawal notification.
7. Books purchased are the property of the student and are not refundable.
8. The signature below confirms that the applicant has received an exact copy of this enrollment contract, and that the applicant has been advised to keep this document. 9. The Refund Policy may be extended or modified only with written consent of both the student and the school.