Established in 1997, Hudson Cook, LLP is a law firm that focuses its practice on consumer financial services law, both state and federal, from its 13 offices across the country. Our experienced, resourceful lawyers offer legal services to local, national and international clients, providing practical and innovative solutions to their legal issues.
Hudson Cook is seeking an experienced paralegal to manage complex and document-intensive litigation and government investigations involving consumer financial services law. This position requires a well-organized and independent paralegal to provide support to the attorneys in the Washington, DC office.
- Independently review documents for responsiveness
- Manage case files including discovery documents, pleadings and correspondence files.
- Assist in the preparation and filing of court documents including cite-checking and blue-booking
- Create production logs and privilege logs
- Organize and maintain document databases
- Prepare attorneys for depositions
- Summarize and organize deposition transcripts
- 3+ years of paralegal experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and eDiscovery platforms
- Working knowledge of the courts and filing systems
- Ability to perform electronic research using Westlaw and/or Lexis
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to perform high-level editing of written work product
If you have the required qualifications, please forward your resume, professional references, a writing sample and salary requirements to Amy Ryan, Human Resources Director, by fax at (410) 684-2001 or by email at email@example.com.
Hudson Cook, LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.