Position Type: Full-time
Company: National Veterans Legal Services Program (NVLSP) – Washington, DC
NVLSP is an independent, nonprofit veterans service organization dedicated to ensuring that the U.S. government honors its commitment to our active duty personnel and veterans by providing them the federal benefits they have earned through their service to our country.
Busy appellate litigation team seeks paralegal to manage and master routine litigation tasks, including preparing procedural pleadings and finalizing briefs and legal memoranda. The successful candidate will have exceptional organization skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple deadline-driven tasks while maintaining a professional and pleasant demeanor.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Paralegal Certificate from accredited institution or program
- 2 to 5 years paralegal experience
- Excellent proofreading and writing skills
- Familiar reviewing and summarizing documents
- Proficiency with Bluebook citation and cite checking tasks
- Proficiency with compiling Table of Authorities and Table of Contents
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.) and Adobe Acrobat
- Familiarity with drafting simple procedural motions and correspondence
- Experience conducting legal and regulatory research and summarizing same
- Ability to maintain records of ongoing matters in paper and electronically
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously under constant deadlines
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and communication skills
Available immediately, closes when filled. Salary is dependent on experience. NVLSP has a generous benefits program with health and pension benefits provided.
To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume, and list of references to:
1600 K Street, N.W., Suite 500
Washington, DC 20006
All applications will be reviewed in confidence. NVLSP is an equal opportunity employer.